Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Which is fairer, flower or leaf.


This beautiful flower is from a tree right outside my window. I do not know what kind of tree it is, though I'm not sure I even care, its blossoms are wonderful enough. I realise that photographs of flowers are like photographs of sunsets - too common for their own good, especially with the advent of cheap digital cameras. I know I've certainly taken my fair share.

But there are damn good reasons for this - the main being that we're human (for better or for worse, I guess). We see in the flower the passing of time, the fleeting moment. It is delicate, usually intricate, sometimes simple.

The best way to take a photograph of a flower, you ask? Keep it as simple as possible. In a world that's obsessed with the big picture, with seeing the forest (instead of the lone, forsaken trees), often, simple is best (try thinking less, it helps).

No comments:

Post a Comment