Saturday, July 11, 2009

Galaxy of leaves


When Žiga or I post new photos on this blog, we almost never consult each other beforehand. We don't have plans on who will upload what, we just go with it and upload when we feel like it - and what we feel like uploading. One of us will post a new photo, then the next time we see each other, we're like "Did you see the shot I put on the blog?". This is usually followed by a short conversation of the photograph in question.

This shot above, which I took at the Arboretum Volčji Potok (which I love visiting) close to Ljubljana one fall afternoon, was different. When I saw this scene, I knew it would make an awesome photo, which is why I took quite a few shots. I couldn't quite decide which was the best, so I sent my favourite 3 to Žiga and asked for his opinion. His first reaction was something along the lines of "What the hell is this?", he said that he first thought it was some photo of some galaxy - obviously not made by me. But we quickly agreed which was the best - the one you see above. Just in case it's not obvious, the sun was kind of low, and the orange-yellow light was shinning in through the forest canopy, illuminating a slow-moving stream.

Oh, and I came back from Lisbon today. I had an awesome time, I'll write more about it when I post some photos, which I've got plenty of. Žiga is coming back from Cuba next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment