Sunday, September 20, 2009

Colorful umbrellas


I love this shot - I took it on Velvia film during a walk through Ljubljana. The only reason I even took this walk was because I had a few more shots on that roll of film to take, and I was on my way to get it developed. But being in the right place at the right time worked out well.

Fujifilm's Velvia film is probably the best for something like this. It has beautiful, strong colours, some of which are very very hard to capture with digital. Deep reds and purples are the hardest to get right on digital - overexpose by just the tiniest bit and that beautiful red Ferrari gets an orange tinge (speaking from experience).

A big thank-you to Primoz Gabrijelčič, who scanned this and a few other slides for me. Oh, and I've also written up a post at Monitor's blog (slovene only) on the topic of scanning.

4 comments:

  1. No prob. Nice photos all in all but this one was definitely best of the best. BTW, how do you like starry skies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them - I was actually surprised how much details you got out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. res hudo dobre barve, se zame, ki sem iz BW sveta.
    Nice photo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hvala! Velvia film je za barve res super. Zadeva je sicer slikana s staro Konico - po vsej verjetnosti kar z Hexanon 40mm F1,8 objektivom.

    Tvoje BW fotke pa sicer poznam (spremljam ZSFB), odlicne.

    ReplyDelete