Saturday, April 25, 2009

Frequent flyer


This is Gregor, catching some air on a recent ski trip to Austria (the same trip this photo was taken). This wasn't the easiest of photographs to take. First off, I only had 3 shots left on the roll of film (Fujifilm's Sensia Dia/Slide film), and I had forgotten spare rolls in my car, back in Ljubljana. Besides this, these conditions are not easy to photograph - shooting into the sun with shadows in the foreground and on the main subject isn't easy, especially with the simpler light reader in my old EOS 10s. I metered off the shadowy snow in the foreground and hoped for the best. Also, I had no clue where exactly Gregor was going to come over the hump, since I didn't see him until the last minute.

All in all, I got lucky that the metering was as good as could be, and that I caught him in time to be able to get a nice composition. Though it might look like a small jump here, it's actually quite high, especially if you're not ready for it.

1 comment: