Thursday, March 12, 2009

Keep shinning


During the winter exam period, January and February, the weather was pretty bad in Ljubljana, I don't think we had more than a day or two of sunshine (this actually applies to almost the entire winter). So when I woke up one Friday morning with no more exams and the sun shinning like crazy through my window, I knew what had to happen. Žiga called and asked if I wanted to go for a coffee - I said sure, want to go to Koper? He didn't need convincing, and we called two other friends - Vlado and Rok (he's in the picture above).

The funny thing is that we just went down for a coffee - literally. We were only there for an hour (and it's an hour and a half each way from Ljubljana), but it felt great. We caught the last hour of sun, but saw a great sunset (I'll add another photo or two sooner or later). Koper itself is much less popular than the towns of Piran and Portorož, since it used to be nothing more than a harbour town, while Piran and Portorož were (and are) tourist destinations. But in the past couple of years, much of the city center of Koper has been rebuild and it's quite lovely. The parking is free (in the afternoon) and there are a couple of nice cafes that look out at the marina and the sea beyond, and there are almost no tourists.

Anyhow, this was taken on Velvia film with my 'new' Canon EOS 10s. This is an old camera (over 10 years) that I bought the same day as this photo was taken - the camera cost a measly 40 euros. Worth every penny.

2 comments:

  1. O, c'mon, it's definitely not an hour and a half from Ljubljana to Koper. 1 hour, that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me - I drive slow. Seriously, if I'm alone, I'll take the local road to Koper, not the highway. If I'm not, I'll take the highway but drive 100 Km/h. Sometimes 110 out of courtesy, but I've not driven a constant 130 (which is the speed limit on slovenian highways) for a year or two :)

    ReplyDelete