Sunday, February 22, 2009

Star trails


Star light, star bright,
The first star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.

This was taken on Velvia film one night at Rašica, which is a village on a hill overlooking Ljubljana. The bright light behind the tree on the right is light pollution from the city. The camera was on a tripod and the exposure time is a few minutes (six, if I remember correctly, this is why the stars are streaks instead of being points of light). It was pretty cold so I was waiting in my car. When I opened this up in Photoshop to resize it for the web, the first thing that came to mind is the rhyme above, even though these are not the first stars of the night. As always, you can click it for a larger picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment